Sassi Photography

Monday, July 24, 2006

Meeting the Fabulous Miss Julie

Wowee (to coin her catch phrase), what a fun morning..... the Fabulous Julie Love is in town and I was fortunate enough to catch up with her and a bunch of other amazing scrap godesses this morning. We had a poke around Scrapbooking Emporium, then sat about a cafe for a while talking about all things scrapping (and other stuff, too).

Julie is just as lovely as she appears to be from her blog and I loved catching up with Roz, Carol-lea, Sandra, Rachelle and Andrea, too. We are always up for a photo session, so here are a few from the day.

I have to add that Jamieson, Christopher and Nick were generally pretty good, too. Actually, J & C were very good.... Nick had a bit of a run and scream (where did that come from??? It was actually more like a roar!), but he was very tired and did really well up until then.

So we have lots of lovely photos to scrap, but I have to admit, this is my favourite photo of all. Okay, I've played with it a bit to get that 'dreamy' look, but it is a bit more flattering this way.

Without her knowing it, I owe a fair bit of my scrapping to Rozzie. It's not just that when I was looking through her album today I could pick the many layouts I've scraplifted (lol).... it's that the kind of layouts I love to do (but don't always share on here) mostly seem to be similar (in element or design) to some of hers and it is because of this that I have felt more confident to do the layouts I like doing rather than change to a style that isn't me.

**Thanks Roz.**

I also have to add that I missed Alicia today. My right arm in scrapping and I was with all these lovely people and didn't have you to share it with. There'll be another time, though, Miss NY!!

xx S.

10 Comments:

Blogger Nat said...

Hi Sara,
Just popping in to say Hi... how lucky that you got to see all those awesome girls today - I wish I was there!! I would totally love to meet Julie :)

Just gonna have a bit of a browse through the rest of your blog now,
Nat :)

6:38 am, July 25, 2006  
Blogger jilly said...

Wow Sara! It sounds like the who's who of scrapping - I was at FLake too - I'd love to have seen you all!

7:27 am, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Roz said...

Hey Sara!!

Well it was great to catch up with you again today, and OMG how gorgeous are you?? What beautiful things to say, and I am totally flattered and overwhelemed that I have influenced you that way!! wow!

And don't you worry- you totally stand on your own 2 feet when it comes to scrapping- your A-Z was nothing short of sensational!!!

And I'm glad you didn't put that 'other' pic up here....this one is much better lol! ;o)

7:27 am, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Sarah said...

What an awesome day you had!

9:19 am, July 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Sara! You are indeed a little spunkrat!!! *mwah*

1:19 pm, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Alicia Barry said...

I'm so silly. I really should have had a sicky. Great photos. We'll have to have a catch up day with everyone before I leave.

5:07 pm, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, you lucky duck getting to meet up with such a talented bunch of ladies. Sounds like a wonderful day and love the pics.

6:26 am, July 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great catching up with you Sara..it really was fun wasn't it!! And I agree with Rozzy...your A-Z album is really beautiful, and definitely deserving of the win!!

And as for Nicholas... I think he did very well putting up with a bunch of crazy scrapping ladies for so long...LOL!!

11:51 am, July 26, 2006  
Blogger Kim Archer said...

Aw look at you all! What a great group of girls!!! Love that photo of you and Rozzie too!!! And congrats on your A2Z win too!!!
KIMx

8:39 am, July 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sara!!!

It was SUPER DUPER getting to meet you and look through your wonderful A-Z album :0) You are such a sweet lady and I am so glad that you loved your little Forever Friends note book

JULIEx

8:06 pm, July 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home