Sassi Photography

Sunday, July 23, 2006

She's Leaving On a Jet Plane....

...don't know when she'll be back again. Who am I talking about? Well, if you blog-hop as much as I do, you would have already read that my sweetest, dear friend Alicia is heading for New York - soon!

We've known for a long time, now, that she and her little family were going to move to New York, but it has taken for ever to get the details and definite date. The details have come through and it all seems just a little bit too real. I am so excited for her and her family (oh, a white Christmas.... how wonderful!), but I wouldn't be human if I didn't feel a bit sad about it too.

Leish and I haven't known each other all that long, but it has been long enough to build a really strong friendship and I am going to miss her terribly! We still have email, blogs and, hopefully soon, the new Scrapbook City forums to keep up with, but I know I will miss her more thinking that I can't just jump in the car to go and catch up with her.

I figure we have about six weeks until they leave... that HAS to be at least five or six crops!!!! It is the PerFect excuse!!! Isn't it?

xx S.

9 Comments:

Blogger scrapadel said...

Im sure she will have a wonderful time in NY. Although we will miss her, Im sure we will still see her around the traps.

9:56 pm, July 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, look on the bright side, you now have free accommodation in New York!! Yay!!!!

Thank goodness for the internet hey? She won't seem so far away Sara. XXXX

10:49 pm, July 23, 2006  
Blogger Michelle Jamieson said...

Sara, you and Leish seem to have the most amazing friendship. I'm sure you'll make use of the time you have before she goes...:-)

And she's going to NY....can you feel a trip to the US coming on??

Chelle XX

11:20 pm, July 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sara, thats such a lovely layout!! And I have echo everyone else, How cool is it to have a reason to visit NYC!!!

Only 5 or 6? In 6 weeks?? Come on, you girls can do better then that!!

11:22 pm, July 23, 2006  
Blogger Crissy Gaylor said...

Your layout of Alicia is stunning! I know how hard it is when a close friend moves away, but with todays technology there really is no excuse not to stay in touch. In the meanwhile, scrap, eat and be merry!(Takes lots of photos too!)

Happy Belated Anniversary! I loved watching Pirates of the Carabien too, only part I did not like was the end as I was just getting right into it! Will have to see the next one now!!!!
:)

9:17 am, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Jeepie said...

I think the best thing both of you can do is take some extended leave in the next 6 weeks and scrap scrap scrap!!

1:39 pm, July 24, 2006  
Blogger jilly said...

What a stunning layout/photo of Alicia! You two seem to have an amazing friendship - it will be so hard to see her go!

2:01 pm, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Alicia Barry said...

I am crying right now. What will I be like in 6 weeks?

4:49 pm, July 24, 2006  
Blogger ScrapManda said...

Ohhh don't say that Leish - you'll get me started too! Crops just won't seem right with Sara and no Alicia!!! I'll bring the kleenex Sara :(

8:06 pm, July 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home