Sassi Photography

Monday, June 19, 2006

.....And Things Just Keep Getting Better....

I have had a yukky yukky day. Today has been the day I lost my hard drive on my computer. I am sad. Yes, I lost everything. I hadn't backed up since December 2005 - what is wrong with me??? I have lost my accounts, my files, my layout images.... but most importantly, my photos. I have lost nearly 4000 photos - some of which were from a wedding, a baptism and a new born baby.

I have also lost my email address book, so I can't email anyone at present. If I have emailed you before, please email me so I can add your address back into my address book. My Favourites list is also gone, so it might take me a while to work out all the blogs I regularly visit. Please leave a comment here with your blog address, so I can find you again! YES, YOU!!

I have now bought an external hard drive and will be backing up weekly - without fail!!!

xx S.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! I am going to back up my photos RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! It's only when you lose it all that you start backing up regularly even though you have known all a long it is a job you should do. Wow, I can imagine how you are feeling.

Hope you're day gets better :)

Sarah

12:36 pm, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

Oh Sara, your poor poor thing. I only just got this laptop but I will definitely be backing up everything regularly.

Hope that things get better for you soon.

12:52 pm, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Alicia Barry said...

Glad to see you are back online.

5:26 pm, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Alicia Barry said...

Glad to see you are back online.

5:26 pm, June 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hug* honey! That bloody sucks!!! PS. Just backed up the work computer! Been a while since I'd done one too!! Whoops!

2:27 pm, June 22, 2006  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Oh Sara - that's just awful!!! Have you emailed any pics to family and friends - if you have, hopefully they still have them and you'll be able to at least get some of them back. I bet you've been beside yourself :(

10:11 pm, June 23, 2006  
Blogger lusi said...

Sorry to read that Sara! Hope other people who may have taken photos of you or were at things were have been at will email you copies of photos. :0(
Lusi x

11:14 am, June 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home