Sassi Photography

Friday, September 05, 2008

Everything's Coming Up Roses

Haha.... I went to make the post title "Everything's So Busy", but the song title above flowed from my fingers instead. When I was younger, more fit and, of course, thinner, I was part of a theatre group. Towards the end of my years with them, we performed a run of Musical Reviews and my LEAST favourite song we ever performed was "Everything's Coming Up Roses"... it's just so corny!! I don't know where THAT flash back come from!!?!

Anyhoo... just like everyone else, things are so busy here for me. I might have to do a quick dot point summary to catch up, I think.

* My computer seems to be finally working normally - yay!

* I still have to restore all my files and redo a number of backups, but I'm nearly there.

* Today, I finished re-editing Donna & Damien's wedding photos (to come soon). I lost my orginal edit with the old computer. :( Donna has been awesomely patient. I hope they both love their photos.

* My next big task is editing Vonn & Dan's wedding photos. Sorry Vonn, honey, I will be working on them this weekend!

* Amelia is going really well. She is moving toward the end of Year Two and is reading at a mid-Year Three level. She is very good. Her Maths needs a little help, but she is keeping up with her class.

* Christopher is also reading very well. He is heading to the end of Year One and is well into the Year Two level reading. He only just turned six and he reads 70 page Dr Seuss books to Nick every night. I was totally blown away at his recent parent/teacher interview to learn that he is top of his class in most things. We encourage all our kids to do the best they can and to enjoy learning. We've never asked where they come in class and Chris is way too modest to mention he is doing well.

* To sum up Amelia & Christopher, we are so proud that they are trying hard and doing well.

* Nick is still my baby, even at four years old. We are working hard to get him to do his own thing and pull his weight a bit (by putting on his own shoes, dressing himself, etc). He likes John or I to do everything for him. He's too old to be so dependant.

* Nick blows me away, too, though. He is reading and tries to read a little book every night. He recognises a lot of words, but needs a lot of help too. He has his Mummy's maths brain and is very good at using his maths during normal conversation (ie. "but I only have six... if I give one each to Mia & Chris, I'll only have four left!). He makes me laugh.

* John had his sinus operation and is now doing really well. He was so used to being in constant pain that he actually felt better straight away, even though his nose wouldn't stop bleeding.

* My gorgeous Leish and her family will be home in about eight weeks. Yay! :)

* Next weekend, my in-laws celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary! I am so happy for them and am very sad that I'll miss the big family get-together.

* Next weekend, I'm flying to Sydney to be Matron-of-Honour for my lovely cousin Allyson. This wedding seemed to be so far away... I can't believe it is now only one week away!

* I've been teaching photography and photo manipulation for Point Shoot Play a little less lately, as I'm so overloaded in every aspect of my life. Check the website for any classes I have coming up, though.

* Point Shoot Play recently went to the A Creative Place retreat at Maleny. We had to much fun and I have heaps of photos to share of the girls. Stay tuned for these!

* Are you still with me? For a quick post, this is turning into a marathon! Thanks for reading.

* Oh, and there's just one more thing....



Take care.
xx S.

17 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

WOW! What wonderful news! Congratulations on the pending arrival! Now of course you need to slow down a bit more ;) Hope all is going well and you get to put your feet up occasionally.

11:06 am, September 06, 2008  
Blogger ScrapManda said...

OMGosh!!! Congratulations!!! What wonderful news! Keep well and look after yourself! How very exciting!!!

4:06 pm, September 06, 2008  
Blogger A said...

The news is out..... Now I can congratulate officially....

Congrates....

XXX Mel

4:42 pm, September 06, 2008  
Blogger Scrapsister said...

Oh wow, what an afterthought LOL. Big congrats...four is magic :)

8:25 pm, September 06, 2008  
Blogger Petrina McDonald said...

just one more thing!! OMG! Congratulations clever girl - good on you :)

9:56 pm, September 06, 2008  
Blogger Sara said...

Congrats! That is wonderful news Sara. I look forward to reading all about the impending arrival of the newest member of your family. Take care and stay well.

11:13 pm, September 06, 2008  
Blogger Jesse said...

Wow! Awesome to hear there is another little cousin of mine on the way. Good to hear that everything else is going well, too. It's a shame you can't come to family thing next weekend. Just one less cool family member to chill with. :(

Best of luck with everything!

11:17 pm, September 06, 2008  
Blogger Cass said...

Your blog made me tired just reading it! :)

Congrats on the little bundle on the way. When are you due?

7:27 am, September 07, 2008  
Blogger lalaura said...

YAY... official congrats with the official announcement. You do know that John expects a redhead now, right? :-P Can't wait to hear more as the impending birth gets closer!! xxx

10:50 am, September 07, 2008  
Blogger Tam said...

Wowsers Sara that is awesome!!! All the very best and I can't wait to see some of your amazing photos of the new bubba when he/she arrives!!!
take care,
Tam

9:10 am, September 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...congrats to you and all your family!! How exciting for you guys!!

9:40 am, September 08, 2008  
Blogger Alicia Barry said...

What a cheeky way to announce. So glad to finally see a photo and not have to hold the secret in any more. It's been lkilling me, especially being so far away.

12:11 pm, September 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You told us you had just swallowed a baby - I didn't really believe you but theres the evidence. Hope all is well. Missed seeing you the other Sunday for the ACP get together - Bummer!! Hope we can all catch up with you soon. can't wait to see the retreat photos.
hugs
Tracy Firth

2:27 pm, September 08, 2008  
Blogger Tracy Firth said...

Oh I forgot I tagged you too!!! Check out my blog.

9:20 pm, September 08, 2008  
Blogger Jo said...

Wow!!!

Congratulations. What fabulous news! Clever Girl. Fancy keeping this news to yourself for so long. When are you due?

Jo.
xx

6:58 am, September 09, 2008  
Blogger Tish said...

Oh WOW Sara! What fantastic news, huge congratulations to you, John and the kids! How exciting!!! :) Very sneaky way to announce it too LOL! All the best with everything :)
Trish

10:20 am, September 10, 2008  
Blogger niss said...

Sara, that is awesome news, congratulations!! stay well

Anissa x

3:46 pm, September 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home