Sassi Photography

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Ekka - Royal Brisbane Show

I love Ekka time! I love nearly everything about the Royal Show. There is so much to look at, to do, to experience. Now I have my littlies, I love sharing all these experiences with them. So last weekend, John and I took the kids to the Ekka.

We were only there from after lunch until the fireworks - I could have gone back another day to see all the stuff we missed. The kids were perfect most of the day ....and, boy, did they sleep well that night!

Here's Nick with his very first Dagwood Dog..... or was it his second, which he took off Amelia? He LOVED all the food!

I had ten photographes in the photographic competition and three layouts in the scrapbooking competition. The standard of photographes was outstanding and made my shots look very amatuer, but that won't stop me from entering each year! I received a second placing in the scrapbooking, which was nice.

It was fun taking the kids through the Fine Arts and seeing all the faces we knew in various layouts and photos. Here is Mia standing in front of her B&W photo - I love the contrast of her bright outfit against the photographes.

It cost $22 just to take the family on the ferris wheel!! It is the only ride we all go on and the view is excellent. From the top, we could see this most amazing, colourful slide. John took Mia and Chris on it. Unfortunately I only had my little camera and the pics didn't turn out too well.

The day finished with the traditional rummage through the showbags while waiting for the fireworks. The fireworks were fantastic and Nicholas LOVED them. I wasn't sure if he'd be scared or not, but he couldn't stop laughing. Chris had the best spot up on Daddy's shoulders. (Blogger won't upload that pic for some reason. It's very cute - you'll just have to imagine it!!)

Happy Ekka Week - lol !!!
xx S.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

Congratulations on your 2nd place for scrapbooking :) You kind of get a renewed sense of fun when you have kids to take to shows don't you?

8:19 am, August 20, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

That photo of Nick is so cute. Glad to hear that all of the kids had a fantastic time at the Ekka.

10:58 am, August 20, 2006  
Blogger Jo said...

Nice to hear that you all had a good time at the Ekka. Maybe next year I will brave it with the kids. I love the photos. Even though you only used the little camera on the slide photo, it still turned out with some pretty vivid colouring.

1:41 pm, August 20, 2006  
Blogger ScrapManda said...

Hmmm! Love those dagwood dogs (until I actually have one and then I wonder why??) My girls loved the Euroslide too! Also glad to hear I'm not the only one that has trouble uploads pics sometimes on Blogger!!

9:35 pm, August 20, 2006  
Blogger Michelle Jamieson said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all at the Ekka! Love the pic of Nick! He's such a cutie...and looks like he LOVES Dagwood dogs!

Chelle XX

11:15 pm, August 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sas ... glad to hear fun was had at the Ekka ... I didn't make it - oh well! In agreement with others here ... LURVE that pic of Nick with the Dagwood dog!

4:00 pm, August 21, 2006  
Blogger lusi said...

Congrats on your 2nd place - well done girl! Those photos of the fair are fun but I can't believe it cost $22 to ride the ferris wheel - what's with that!
Great fuuuuuuun!
Lus x

1:29 pm, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Francine Burgess said...

yay!! i love the ekka too...
love your shot of the slippery dip..looks fab!

4:31 pm, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Alicia Barry said...

well I think your photos are awesome. Keep entering or else!!!

5:21 pm, August 22, 2006  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Well done on your Ekka placing Sara! Fantastic!!! :-) Sounds like you've just had the most wonderful time with your kiddies, family time is so specail! :-)

Hugs!
Chrissy xx

8:56 pm, August 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home