Sassi Photography

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Visace

I can't help this one.... I've had the nicest weekend! I spent most of it at the Visace on the Gold Coast - you know, the place the movie stars stay? Yep, it's pretty nice!

Saturday was Dad's birthday, so I took the kids to see Mum and Dad where they were staying (at the Visace) and met my brother Charlie there too. We looked around, had lunch and just chatted. The Condo they have been in (for the better part of a week) is just gorgeous....

...and there are pools everywhere. The place is fairly stunning, although the foyer is quite ostentatious. I love the high ceilings and the Condo was a two bedroom, two bathroom with lounge and dining rooms plus kitchen. The kitchen even had a cappuccino machine!

John had to work, but it was nice spending time with my family and kids. We don't have too many photos of us, so we took a few...
















Dad's 59 - I remember when my Grandmother turned 60... I can't believe that will be Dad next year!!

Sunday was even more fun, although a tad disappointing. Dad had hired a helicopter to go and take photos of Kooralbyn and along the coast. John stayed home with the kids so I could go back to the Visace and go on the helicopter with Mum and Dad. It stormed on the way down, and let me tell you having to do 40km/h on the 110km/h highway is scary!!

Because of the weather, we spent hours just waiting to see if we were going to get to go up in the helicopter. Dad was planning to hook onto the harness and hang outside the helicopter to take photos, and I was going to have a go at this too.... I was so excited.

Due to bad weather, we didn't go. Very disappointing, but I had a great afternoon with Mum and Dad and no kids! We had lunch, then in the afternoon, had High Tea. I had fun having some adult conversation with my parents, without having to look after the kids.

Of course, Dad and I pulled out our cameras and had a competition to see who could take the best photo. We never say we are competing, but we both know we are!! I was pretty happy with these two photos.

I have to acknowledge, Dad took the ones of the building and rooms above.... okay, so he wins this time. I still think the food photos are pretty good, though!!

Until next time...
xx S.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alicia Barry said...

OMG there is no way that I could hang out the side of a helicopter. Sorry to hear you couldn't go up. I bet Visace was nice. Were your fears put to rest (IYKWIM) and as for you being competitive...nah! Can't say I've ever seen that side of you (lol).

5:32 pm, February 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh those food pics are making me SO hungry, glorious food and glorious photos!
mel

9:26 pm, February 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the food photos better! But then ... I would!!!

Vonnie
xo

11:02 am, March 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home