Sassi Photography

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Great Day

It's after having great days like today, I realise how hard I struggle to keep my depression in check and how badly I've been doing that of late.

This morning the kids and I went to a Pirate birthday party for my good friend's four year old. They all had a ball and everything was thought of - great games, lovely food, nice company.

Afterwards, I dropped the kids home and went over to Scrapbook City, then to my grocery shopping. It was really nice to have some time on my own and I found that I was smiling all afternoon.

I've always loved watching other people. Today I was less annoyed about the number of *stoopid* people who's paths I crossed. I was more amused in the ridiculous manner in which people behave. General cranky people, who would feel better if they just smiled once in a while. The hoon in his car, dangerously weaving in and out, just to end up one car ahead of where he was. There was the guy who ran through/ignored a Give Way sign and nearly wiped me out..... I took my right of way with a big smile. I was also nearly wiped out by an idiot doing 80kph in the 60 zone at the end of my blind street. None of these things worried me today.

I had that excited feeling in my stomach, like something was about to happen. I hope this good feeling will last forever!!

xx S.

13 Comments:

Blogger Giovanna Scott said...

Good for you Sara!!! I love those days too. Hope the good feeling lasts a long time.xx

5:16 pm, January 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you had some time to yourself. we all need a bit of that:)

7:33 pm, January 13, 2007  
Blogger Liz Weber said...

Hi Sara - isn't it nice to have some "me" time. I think we need it to keep our sanity.

I am impressed you kept your cool, I said a few choice words after reading about your near misses.

Take care and congrats to John & your family on his 1000th customer - that is truly a milestone.

9:17 pm, January 13, 2007  
Blogger jilly said...

that is soooo good to hear Sara! I've missed you girl!
xxJill

10:05 pm, January 13, 2007  
Blogger ScrapManda said...

Keep on smiling! Cyber hugs coming your way!

10:22 pm, January 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you had a good day. And yes, there are some *really* bad drivers out there! *hugs*

8:06 am, January 14, 2007  
Blogger lusi said...

hi lovely :)
glad to hear it was a *good* day!
Love ya lots!
lusi x

5:18 pm, January 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that feeling lasts forever and something good happens for you girly

8:04 am, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Jessica said...

well...that sounds promising. maybe a little time on your own really does help. I'm so happy you've had a great day!

12:53 pm, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy your little ones Sara. Take as much "me" time as you need. You need to do these little things to keep the sanity. Take care.

6:41 am, January 18, 2007  
Blogger Sharyn said...

Depression is an awful villain. I know how much I battle with it, especially now that I have come off meds. Today I am feeling as though that may not be a permanent thing. Not a good day!
Glad you got some U time..it does make a real difference!

9:37 am, January 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my goodness, your post today could be written by me. l know so much how you feel.
Hang in there!
(lurking, now posting!)

9:47 pm, January 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sara,
Just catching up on all blogs. I so understand how you feel but unfortunately when I feel I am having a great day the little demon sitting on my shoulder says "you will cry soon" sometimes he is quite right so I am always wary of "great happiness" taking my meds constantly, always helps lol. Be happy

4:57 pm, February 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home