Sassi Photography

Friday, February 08, 2008

South Brisbane

A while back, I took myself to the Queensland Art Gallery and had a walk around South Brisbane. I thought I'd share a few of my favourite photos.




"Bathers" ~ my all time favourite painting. This photo doesn't take in the whole painting, only part of it. I studied at the Art Gallery in my senior year and based my main assignment on this painting. I just love it. It was the main reason for me to go looking through the Gallery.

The painting is one of the largest in the Gallery's collection and, from memory, is painted by a Queensland artist. His wife was the main model.

My favourite part of the painting is the child's hands stretching out for the little yellow butterflies. Beautiful.




This building was Brisbane's original town hall. It is now owned by my old high school and is used for the students.


Yeah, I don't know why I photographed the parking meter. I just like the photo.


Thanks for dropping by my ol' blog. Have a good weekend!!
xx S.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your photos. Have a great weekend. :)

1:38 pm, February 09, 2008  
Blogger Jessica said...

love looking at your work, always so inspiring, really beautiful Sara!

4:31 am, February 12, 2008  
Blogger Katie said...

Love your "around Brissie" photos Sara!

4:40 pm, February 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home