Sassi Photography

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wynnum Picnic

You may have read on a couple of other blogs... Amanda, Alicia and I, with our children, met up for lunch in the park on Tuesday. It was such a fun day and our children all had a lovely time. My three slept all the way home (via a couple of stops, too!).

Tara and Danah were lovely with the littlies and showed them all around the playgrounds. Thanks ladies! ;)

Amanda had made the scrummiest mini banana and choc chip muffins, which the kids just loved. Here's Nick and Kyan having a chat while they eat their muffins.

We also ate fish and chips surrounded by a flock of seagulls (yes, actual birds, not the eighties band). It must be a inbuilt reflex to want to chase the birds away when you are little. No sooner would we say to leave them alone and ignore them, that someone else's child would come past chasing them!

Funnily enough, it turned out that the 'someone else's child' was a little girl from Amelia's preschool. She was thrilled to know someone and they had a little play.

A bit further along, Mia also ran into a little boy from preschool, then I ran into another Mum! Imagine that - four children from the same class independantly having picnics 20km from the school!

And what would a bunch of scrapbookers be doing if they didn't all pull out their cameras and take lots of photos of each other and their children??!! I managed some nice photos, but was a little disappointed with a lot, too. Alicia and Amanda had some lovely shots too.

Meanwhile, in scrapbooking world, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! Yesterday was such a busy day!! I had messages, SMS', emails, phone calls, PMs - you name it - to congratulate my winning a section of the A-Z comp. I really appreciate your support and thoughts! The people I've met through scrapbooking are amazing, wonderful ladies!! Thanks.

I've managed to submit my layouts and photographes for the Royal Show (Ekka) and am looking forward to seeing who else entered the scrapbooking. It's a fun time of year with so many competitions and events.

I am still on my "20 Layouts Before Shopping Challenge". I have a crop at Scrapbook City this weekend and I know they've just got in some new papers that I'd like. WHAT to do?? I have only completed EIGHT layouts so far. I was hoping to get a stack done so I could shop on Saturday.... and I've just missed all the sales, too!! Bad time to do a challenge. I guess I needed it though!

This is turning into a much longer post than I expected, so good for you if you've made it to the end!!

I'll finish off with this GORGEOUS photo taken by Alicia of a mum and her three little babies. I don't have many (or maybe even ANY) photos of just my three children with me. I love this one, and the one Amanda sent me, so very much!

I'm so very lucky to have such lovely children and don't like to think of all the nasty things going on in the world that they are growing up in.

Take care.
xx S.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

You won't need to shop Sara...I hear your prize pack is huge!!

Gorgeous family photo too :)

5:12 pm, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Peta said...

Hey Sara - I got a copy of FK today and saw your entry - supper congrats - I also love how you went from living in qld to NSW - ROFL :) That photo of you and the children looks awesome!! Can't wait to see it scrapped ;)

7:50 pm, June 29, 2006  
Blogger ScrapManda said...

You had me LOL with your "flock of seagulls" comment (yes, I remember the band!!!). Your pics look great - can't wait to see the rest.

8:46 pm, June 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara.....
How are you.?? Just wanted to pop in and say Hi.....
Thanks for visiting my blog. I love it when new names pop up. CONGRATULATIONS HON.
All those entries in the A to Z....your work is beautiful and you thouroughly deserve to win.
Have a great day... Lovely to "meet you"
Keep in touch.
Steph xx

8:27 am, June 30, 2006  
Blogger Alicia Barry said...

Wow, did I take that. I really like it. Good for me lol. See you soon.

9:34 am, June 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS pics Sara! Looks like you had a fab day! Can't wait to catch up with you soon!!!!

4:46 pm, July 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home